Places of interest nearby
The elephant camp at Punnathur fort where the temple elephants are cared for is just 2 km off the temple. Mammiyoor Siva temple, palayoor temple and Nattika beach are the much sought after destinations within radius of 5kms.
- Guruvayur Temple -500 meter
- Maraprabhu – 1 km
- Mammiyoor Siva Temple – 2 Km
- Institute of Mural painting – 2 km
- Vallabhatta Kalari – 2 KM
- Chavakkad Beach -2 Km
- Punnathurkotta Elephant Palace – 3 km
- Palayoor Church – 4 km
- Sree Parthasarathi Temple – 1.1 km
- Chamundeswari Temple – 1.2 km
- Devaswom Museum – 500 mtrs
A tranquil beach in Thrissur, Nattika Beach, has a very unique claim to fame. Home to a typical fishermen’s village with longstanding traditions and simple inhabitants, its celebrity status was cemented after becoming the location where the Malayalam cult classic movie, Chemeen, was shot. It offers a number of attractions such as backwater cruises, country boat rides, elephant rides and cultural performances for the visitors. Film buffs and tourists alike will find much to admire about this pristine beach.
Opp. Private Bus Stand, East Nada Guruvayoor, Trichur-680101
0487- 2552333, 2552666, 9349556871